RDA Will be taking off Spring 2017.We will resume Summer 2017. Summer Days/Times/Programs are now available on their home pages!
Spring “Trifecta Training” Information:
• Play Begins Week of April 25th, 2016;
• Location: Greater Binghamton Sports Complex, 1500 Airport Rd, Binghamton
• Open to ALL Soccer Players; Boys & Girls Alike
• 1.5 Hours/1x per Week: 45 Min Strength, Speed & Agility + 45 Min Futsal (2 Games)***
*** 7/8/9 Year Age Group Will Have Shorter Strength, Speed & Agility, and Longer Futsal Programming
Why Strength, Speed & Agility ?
Today’s most highly skilled soccer player combines the power of coordination of the mind working in conjunction with the body as a whole. Development of a strong core, quick feet, improved running technique and multi-directional running ability will empower the player with better control over the body and ball. The player is better able to perform soccer drills and technique as desired at a faster rate, is less prone to injury and will execute proactively to game change on the soccer field.
Players will learn to use: Balance Balls, Agility Ladders, Training Sleds, Resistance Bands, Hurdles, Jump Ropes and Power Harnesses.**
** 7/8/9 Year Age Group Will Have Limited Use of Certain Training Equipment for their Safety and Age Appropriate Development
What is Futsal?
Developed in Brazil, the game of Futsal uses a “dead soccer ball” with little or no bounce as it hits the floor. Heavier in weight than a traditional soccer ball, the size 4 Futsal Ball is harder to kick in the air. Futsal emphasizes “skills” as many goals are scored off a dribble or from closer in, with emphasis on improvisation, creativity, technique, ball control and effective passing in smaller spacing.
Days & Times:
• 7/8/9 Year Olds: Wednesdays, 5-6:30 pm
• 10/11 Year Olds: Thursdays, 5-6:30 pm SOLD OUT
• 12/13 Year Olds: Thursdays, 6:30-8 pm
• 14 Years & Up: Wednesdays, 6:30-8 pm SOLD OUT
*** If your schedule prohibits you from enrolling your child in the age-appropriate option of above, please contact Chris directly.
May 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
* Cost: $100 per Player per 6-Week Session
(Sessions are an Extra Half Hour Than Last Spring)
Registration opens Monday, April 4th at 8am!
(The League starts the week of April 25th @ the dome)
If you have any questions please email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
• After a goal is scored pull the boy directly out of the net and PLAY
• When ball goes out of bounds you may DRIBBLE or PASS to restart play
• All kick ins and free kicks are indirect except PK’s
• A PK will be awarded when the ball is touched inside the goal arc by ANY PLAYER
• Kids ref their own games (with the help of a volunteer)
• Score MUST be kept on the scoreboard provided
• Both teams must shake hands following a game
• Substitute on any stoppage
• NO HALFTIME
If a team gets down by 5 goals they may put another player on to play 4 on 3. If they do not have a sub to put in the game, the other team must take 1 player off and play 3 on 2. The game is played like this until the team playing up a man is back to within 2 goals.
Field Dimensions: 90’x48’
Riley Development Academy
1915 Vestal Parkway West • Vestal, New York 13850
607-765-6609 • Contact Us